Thursday, July 3, 2008

Work, Carpet Cleaning and A Baker's Dozen

I went to work this morning and decided since I was keeping up with the work coming at me, and I didn't have a bunch of work waiting for me for next week, and since it was almost the weekend (for me) I would take half a day of vacation. The sun was shining, and I thought it would be a good day to go home, do the laundry, vacuum the floors, and shampoo the carpet in my bathroom. I wanted to get my cleaning done, because tomorrow at 9am sharp, my brother and his wife will be here to help us put in our new living room windows. When I got home, I went straight to my computer to read my blogs. Hey! I have my PRIORITIES!

I got my vacuuming done, then I got the shampooer out and shampooed the bathroom carpet. That took me all of about 10 minutes. Next, I moved to the front door and cleaned the entry mat. It needed it too, but again, that didn't take me long.Now this mat REALLY needed it! This is at the top of our basement steps, and also the landing you step up to from the garage, so this one desperately needed it. I was very pleased at how clean it came. This gets gunk from our work shoes, and outdoor dirt and grime. I also cleaned some mirrors, dusted in my bedroom, and worked on laundry. I pretty much had everything picked up and in order by the time Louie got home from work. I thought maybe we might go to Dubuque to Lowe's, but we didn't end up going. I wanted to 'quick' 'whip up' one of those table runners Jen and Cindy have made. They said one hour tops....quick...easy....snap. Well, you get the picture. It didn't work that way for me. (Mine took 6 hours, those hours, which I am donating to Jen for her sewing challenge.) For some reason, my wedges must not be the right size. I got all 12 wedges sewn together and it wouldn't lay down straight. It acted like it didn't have enough wedges. I did the froggy stitch and tried to figure out what I had done wrong. I thought maybe I didn't line up the edges right, or I used too wide of a seam. I even recut all the wedges, VERY CAREFULLY. I matched every edge, and used a scant seam and guess what? It still didn't work. I needed another wedge. Ok, another wedge coming up! I cut another wedge, and I cut another square for my prairie point, and sewed it together.


I don't get it, but it works. Don't look too closely or you might see where I added the extra wedge. The good thing is, if I don't tell anyone, no one will notice, unless of course it is one of my quilty friends who might want to make one, then the secret will be out.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Looks great...at least you solved the problem...you were the creator of it and you have certain priviledges (adding another piece).

Have fun this weekend...look out the new window at the world.

Amelia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...