Thursday, October 9, 2008

Musical Furniture

I took a vacation day today just so I could spend some time at home and do a few things I have been wanting to do. Last night, I went to bed at 7pm. I slept until 2am this morning, then got up, and decided to move some furniture around. I didn't go back to bed. For some time now, I have been working on 'simplifying' and decluttering. I don't move as fast as I used to, and it takes me a lot longer to do things than it used to, but slowly, I am making progress. I have already made several trips to Goodwill, but some of it never makes it there, as my sissypoo likes the same stuff I do, so some of it ends up at her home, which makes both of us very happy.

The first thing I did was take my dad's library table/desk into the living room and put Louie's Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph on it. It used to sit on an empty sewing machine cabinet. I also took the lawyer's chair I had sitting beside the desk to the living room. I took the pillows off the couch and fainting couch and set them in the chair, and one under to make it blend in and look more warm and comfortable. (Oops! I guess you can also see the sewing machine stool under the desk too! LOL!)
Oops, I guess the two drawer cabinet to the right of the desk got moved after this picture too. It went to my bedroom.Next, I took the rocking chair from the right side of the curio cabinet, and set it in the corner where the desk used to be. I also took the tie backs off the sheers and let them fall, and took all the foo foos I had pinned to them off. I took down the basket I had hanging from the ceiling and the wind chime, and moved the writing desk to the center of the wall, and added a plant to the left of the desk in a basket (fake plant..ok, don't choke..I know some people say fake plants are tacky, but I'd rather dust them than water them, and fake works for ME!) I brought the light green chair from the living room and set it where the rocking chair used to be. Later, I dug out the sign that says 'Quilt Collector', and hung it above the windows where the basket used to be. (Mental note: Next big project: empty curio cabinet, clean glass and shelves, and dust items). I know my wall is still busy, but for now, I like it. Maybe someday, it will be less busy. I'm working on it. I have accumulated all this 'stuff' over YEARS, so it will take time for it to disappear too. I know if I ever had to sell my home, I would have to 'stage' this area for what it is supposed to be....the kitchen eating area. Louie and I don't eat in the kitchen, so I decided to enjoy the extra space MY way. Believe it or not, this IS Less. (Less is best...simplify)I'm making progress. See? This stuff is in the garage waiting to be hauled away. ...and I only RE-injured my middle toe AGAIN (for probably the millionth time in my life) by KICKING a wheel on the base of my office chair that eventually went downstairs to the quilting area.....not ONCE early this morning, but TWICE (before I finally moved it)....while NOT SCREAMING OUT IN PAIN as Louie slept a mere 10 feet away from the site of the injuries. Have you ever seen such SHORT, UGLY, WIDE feet? Size 7 WW. I should never tip over!9 If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, 10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
Psalm 91:9-10

4 comments:

  1. What a great morning's work. It all looks lovely.
    Ouch for your toe. I always bash my little toe on things so I sympathise greatly.
    the trick to de cluttering is when you drop things off at the Goodwill store DO NOT LOOK AROUND AND BUY. Lol

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy , I get like that about twice a year ,last time hubby made me promise if I bring something new in the house something has to go out .But I didn't say it would be my stuff LOL .Take care of that toe .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for the progress
    but
    too bad for the hurt toe...

    Hope you are not too sore from all the moving of the furniture to enjoy the weekend.

    Blessing from above,

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have several walls like yours Michelle. Then I got lazy...tired of dusting the stuff up there. I took it all down, put up just one or two simple things, and packed the rest away. But gradually I've found I add something here, something there and I'm back to dusting! Guess it's time to simplify again. Don't you love changing the furniture like that! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...