Friday, June 26, 2009

Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse!

Remember this shower curtain?011

I spent 2 1/2 hours this afternoon watching redecorating shows on HGTV while I unpicked stitches to separate the decorative cloth ribbon, and the ruffled skirt from the body of the curtain.

I now have a large (measures 52” x 66”) piece of FABRIC, 5 FAT QUARTERS, and just slightly under 24’ of DECORATIVE RIBBON (70” of each of four different ribbons, to be exact. Click on the picture to see the rolls of ribbon easier).  The time spent was well worth what I gained in fabric and ribbon from a $2.38 cloth shower curtain. Shower curtains, valances, and curtain panels are wonderful sources of fabric, when you garage sale or go thrift store shopping. Heck, when you redecorate, keep your old curtains and shower curtains for fabric. You loved the design once, you just might again, reused in something else.

 001

Oh, I just LOVE fabric candy. Yummy!

 I hope you too, think about recycling, repurposing, and reusing items. I love the feeling of making ‘something out of nothing’.  After all, when making a quilt, or any other sewing projects, only YOU have to know where your fabric came from….and see?  It doesn’t HAVE to be expensive.

movietickets 

Tonight we watched another ‘thrift store’ movie. This week, it was ‘Cellular’. Again, we are just a ‘few’ years behind on the current movies on DVD, but it was a very good movie, all the same. Louie and I each gave it ‘two thumbs up’. 

Cost of night at the movies: $3.38

Time spent with my sweetie: PRICELESS

Cellular

The recycling, repurposing, and junkin’ queen,

Michelle

 Add_Bear_Essentials_Loving_Care_thumb

Be blessed, and have a wonderful weekend!

popcorn cup

 

3 comments:

  1. Love that fabric...it will really pop against some other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with some of the best idea's .I've learned a lot from you ,I'm no longer a fabric snob and proud of it LOL .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that fabric would make a really cute apron Michelle! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...