Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kenmore Model 84

I saw this machine a week and a half ago at the Salvation Army ‘As Is’ store. I didn’t buy it. The cords were brittle and broken, with exposed wiring. It had a box of accessories and cams. The case was pretty nice.

I thought of ‘him’ all week, wishing that I had rescued him and nursed him back to health. We went this past weekend, he was still there waiting for someone to ‘adopt’ him, so we brought him home. I didn’t know he had a manual, until I lifted up the head to oil the underside of the machine.

007

He got a good oiling and new cords to the machine and foot control. He was ‘parched’. His needle bar went up and down when winding a bobbin, so I took off the hand wheel, oiled the inside of the wheel and the post it spins on. I ran him until he finally rested while winding a bobbin, and a beautiful bobbin he wound!

I didn’t play with the decorative cams, but I did test out the zig zag and straight stitches and he did NOT disappoint.

004

Be blessed,

Michelle

ADD BEAR PANDA

Into all our lives, in simple, familiar, homely ways, God infuses this element of joy from the surprises of life, which unexpectedly brighten our days and fill our eyes with light.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm sure you've already seen that I have one of these babies too! Let me tell you, there is NOTHING like it for free motion embroidery! I haven't tried FMQ on it yet. I LOVE this machine. I don't yet have original cams for it, but the "Deluxe Sewing Machine" cams that you see in the yellow plastic boxes work just fine...and there's more of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish someone would share a copy of the model 84 manual! (Roseoh@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...