Sunday, February 12, 2012

By the Grace of God~~Dutch Breeze Quilted

I loaded my Dutch Breeze quilt this afternoon. MOST times, I use Goodwill sheets. I love that I don’t have to piece backings, and it makes the quilt a LOT cheaper.  (You DO know that I’m a tightwad, right?) Be right back

This quilt is 9 blocks wide, by 10 blocks long. I accidentally loaded it in the wrong direction. I had LOTS of room width-wise, to load it with the 10 block side running from left to right, and should have had plenty of room running length-wise, but I accidentally turned it so the 10 block side was running from top to bottom. When I got to the end of the quilt, I had about 1/2 an inch of sheet left. Surprised smile Did you hear me say, ‘Whew!’ and ‘Praise the Lord!’???? I might have even thrown in a ‘Hallelujah!’  At any rate, it worked out! I quilted it with a simple meandering design. Now, here’s some random photos of the process.

Dutch Breeze 001

Dutch Breeze 002

I love the sheet I put on the back. It’s vintage, and woven dense. I’m going to use the leftovers from this sheet for the binding. I will be sewing the binding down by hand, instead of hand stitching it, because, like I said before, the sheet is so dense, that I would have a hard time getting a hand needle through it. My hands don’t like hand sewing anyway. (I think I have worn them out working, but don’t tell my boss. I want them to keep me longer!) Winking smile

Dutch Breeze 003

Dutch Breeze 006

Dutch Breeze 011

Dutch Breeze 008

Dutch Breeze 013

Maybe I’ll be back later with an update….a finished quilt!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Michelle

10 comments:

  1. I like it and yes many times I have said Hallelujah LOL .Why do we do these things when we know better .I often blame it in old age LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord was definitely in your corner during this quilting process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, what kind of frame you have your Juki on?? Do you find it a problem to only have the 9" opening??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that sheet looks with the front... nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage sheets, as you know, and this one is perfect for your quilt. And what a sigh of relief that it worked sideways. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. What a great design. I love the quilt back. I am DYING to get my frame and quilter out. Soon I hope. Hope Hope Hope. Gotta quit fetching machines and get quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I adore the backing. So pretty and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are not tighwads, nor are we cheap, like my hubby says. We are thrifty and frugal! Glad the backing worked out with enough to spare. Yipee! A finish!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...