I loaded my Dutch Breeze quilt this afternoon. MOST times, I use Goodwill sheets. I love that I don’t have to piece backings, and it makes the quilt a LOT cheaper. (You DO know that I’m a tightwad, right?)
This quilt is 9 blocks wide, by 10 blocks long. I accidentally loaded it in the wrong direction. I had LOTS of room width-wise, to load it with the 10 block side running from left to right, and should have had plenty of room running length-wise, but I accidentally turned it so the 10 block side was running from top to bottom. When I got to the end of the quilt, I had about 1/2 an inch of sheet left. Did you hear me say, ‘Whew!’ and ‘Praise the Lord!’???? I might have even thrown in a ‘Hallelujah!’ At any rate, it worked out! I quilted it with a simple meandering design. Now, here’s some random photos of the process.
I love the sheet I put on the back. It’s vintage, and woven dense. I’m going to use the leftovers from this sheet for the binding. I will be sewing the binding down by hand, instead of hand stitching it, because, like I said before, the sheet is so dense, that I would have a hard time getting a hand needle through it. My hands don’t like hand sewing anyway. (I think I have worn them out working, but don’t tell my boss. I want them to keep me longer!)
Maybe I’ll be back later with an update….a finished quilt!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!