Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sewing Machine Needles, Hand Needles, and Pins

Karen, over at Sew Many Ways… has a nice blog post about sewing machine needles. Take a look if you would like to learn more about needles.

 needles

Thanks Karen!

needle-anatomy

Also, I found a couple really neat videos. One is the making of sewing machine needles by Schmetz, in Germany. Don’t be scared when the video starts. The people are only saying hello in German, and the rest of the video is narrated in English. It’s very informative.

This video is really neat too. It shows how hand sewing needles and glass headed straight pins are made. I love videos like this….maybe because I work in a factory, and the processes are very interesting.

Have a great weekend. I hope to clean up and get another sewing machine or two ready to go to The Sewing Machine Project. I’m also hoping that if the temperatures fall a few degrees as predicted, maybe a motorcycle ride would be nice! I’ve only been on the back of our bike twice this year!

Add Motorcycle Goldwing 1500 blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...