Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Quilting—Bug Jar

Today was our March quilting day, and KT (Katherine T ) brought all the block pieces for us to sew a ‘bug jar’ block together. I had never sewn a bug jar block before, and it was fun. This is the block I sewed.

IMG-20130302-00222

KT plans on sewing the blocks together, using the blue fabric lying next to the blocks, as sashing, then she will probably donate the quilt. I just realized, as big as the quilt looks lying on the floor just as it is, she could probably make two quilts!

IMG-20130302-00221

KT is the gal on the far side of the table.

IMG-20130302-00227

KT chose yellows, greens or purples for her choice of fabrics.

IMG-20130308-00247

 

Here are just a few snapshots of the girls enjoying our quilting day. LOTS of conversation and laughter was shared.

IMG-20130302-00223

IMG-20130302-00226

My friend Kate cut this t-shirt/sweatshirt transfer for me a few years ago with her Cricut machine, and I finally just found a sweatshirt to put it on. She was sweet and ironed it on for me today. 

IMG-20130302-00224

Thanks Kate!

IMG-20130302-00225

KT and I kept Louie busy in his ‘shoppe’ today while we were quilting. He made leg extenders for KT’s Hinterberg frame and center support she just bought through Craigslist from Sheboygan, Wisconsin! He did an awesome job! He also cut out some spaces on the backside of the carriage her sewing machine will sit on, to house the Quilter’s Cruise Control.

IMG-20130302-00228

When our day was over, the girls helped me clean up and put things away. Have I ever told you how much I love my quilting girlfriends? I just feel so blessed to have them in my life!

IMG-20130302-00229

South Fork-20130302-00231

After the girls left, Louie and I ran to Dubuque to St. Vincent’s, Goodwill, Sam’s, Joann’s, and Save-A-Lot.

I think I wore my sweet Louie out.

South Fork-20130302-00236

10 comments:

  1. You may have worn him out, but he does get to nap under a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day! That quilt with the bug jars MUST be for a little boy! You are lucky to have such a handy hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I sure am thankful for the friends I have too.Get togethers are a blast. L and I went antiqueing yesterday and last night he looked just like Louie!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time and I would love to know more about the frame she bought and what Louie is making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few of us in my area want to start a sewing club like you have. =) We are in the talking stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day! I love having my quilt friends over. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...love the bug jar quilt and have always wanted to make one. Fun group too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a cute block! Perfect for a young kid. Looks like you all did wear Louie out! LOL!

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would give anything to have a group like that to have fun with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilter friends are the best! Sew much fun to stitch with them.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...