Sunday, April 27, 2014

‘Dixie’, the Singer 301A (LBOW)

Light Beige Oyster White is what they call the color of this machine. I call it two tone, mostly because I can’t remember what LBOW stands for. I’m old, and I never did have a memory. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!

The other day I was surfing Craigslist (such a dangerous thing to do!) and I found this nice Singer 301A. She was born in 1956. (I love this model of machine, just as I love Singer 404, 401A, 403, 500A, and 503A. They all have the aluminum bodies and gear driven internal motors.) I didn’t do anything for a day or two, but last night before I went to bed, I emailed, and today, we picked her up in Dixon, Illinois. It was a nice day for a ride (just a ‘little’ windy…Auntie Em! Auntie Em!).  We brought her home, I gave her a bath, oiled her, changed the needle, wound a bobbin, put a 1/4” presser foot on and Louie changed the foot control to an electronic one.

She’s ready to go!

20140427_210237

20140427_21024920140427_200656

Front…20140427_200625

Back…20140427_200636

I bought another ‘very modern Brother’ machine at Goodwill in Sterling, but I haven’t checked it out yet, and if it works out, it’s going to be donated.

Have a great week! Where did the weekend go?

images

1 comment:

  1. How cute! The little sister to mine. Mine is just beige. I love the funny sound of the motor when I'm stitching on it. One of the ladies in my beginning quilting class is making her quilt on my 301A. She loves it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...