Friday, May 9, 2014

May Quilting~Twirling Star Quilt~And Another Habitat Quilt

Last Saturday was our last quilting get together until September. It was Christie’s turn for the block, so she brought her AccuQuilt Go fabric cutter and cut some half hexie’s. She brought a pattern for everyone and we all made a triangle section, as seen on the left side of the second photo. I think it is really pretty, but I’m not a fan of sewing Y seams, so I probably won’t be making this one. I love the colors she chose, and the batiks!

20140503_131324

20140503_131350

20140503_131528

She also chose batiks as her choice of fabric fat quarters for exchange. I love batiks, but have not made a quilt with batiks yet. I have a lot more batik fat quarters. I need to plan something and do it!

20140509_083545

After I made my one little section, I started sewing on a quilt top for the Park View quilting group. They present quilts to families with children when that family is presented their new home through Habitat for Humanity. Every child in the household will get a twin size quilt. Here is the center with the first border sewn on. I did not start sewing it all together until late Sunday afternoon.

20140504_194547

…and the finished quilt top. I didn’t finish it until Sunday evening. parkview habitat quilt top 2

I’m hoping to take a vacation day and go quilt with them on Tuesday, so I will be taking this with me at that time to pass onto one of the quilting ladies. I’m also hoping to sew another Habitat quilt top together for them this weekend so I can take them two.

Have a wonderful weekend!

images[2]

3 comments:

  1. I don't like Y seams, either. Cute quilt. Have fun making a 2nd one. I was thinking of you today, while I cleaned a machine. I was listening to the Ball Brothers CD's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie's block looks really pretty in the picture. Your Habitat quilt turned out sew cute!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...