Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Lamp SEWS!!!

Remember my sewing machine/lamp/nightlight?

20141012_161032

It SEWS!!!!

20141019_072602

A little oil, some persuasion, a bobbin case, a new needle, an adjustment to the take up tension spring, and she sews!!! Here are the top stitches.

20141019_072634

Here are the bottom stitches.

20141019_072649

I turned the hand wheel by hand to make the stitches, but just to make the machine fully functional, I bought a hand crank kit for it today.

$(KGrHqUOKoYE10FPUd)7BNhULk8Se!~~_12

I love my sewing machine lamp!!! Thank you a million times, Jack and Polly!

Child-Sewing-Machine

cheerful giver

photo

8 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Now that's awesome!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I feel so much better about the machine.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Now that is just over the top! blessings, marlene

Kristie said...

GREAT! I still need to buy a handcrank for my machine.
Kristie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yipee! Now you can make something on that lovely lamp.

Debbie said...

Nothing better that a good sew with good lighting. I just love that lamp. I'm looking at my vintage lamp now, and wondering how Handyman would like a new project. Seriously!

Hazel said...

Oh Wow that's awesome ,your dear brother put so much love and time into giving you the perfect gift and your such a smarty to get it working ,well done .

Jeanna said...

I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...