Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Lamp SEWS!!!

Remember my sewing machine/lamp/nightlight?

20141012_161032

It SEWS!!!!

20141019_072602

A little oil, some persuasion, a bobbin case, a new needle, an adjustment to the take up tension spring, and she sews!!! Here are the top stitches.

20141019_072634

Here are the bottom stitches.

20141019_072649

I turned the hand wheel by hand to make the stitches, but just to make the machine fully functional, I bought a hand crank kit for it today.

$(KGrHqUOKoYE10FPUd)7BNhULk8Se!~~_12

I love my sewing machine lamp!!! Thank you a million times, Jack and Polly!

Child-Sewing-Machine

cheerful giver

photo

9 comments:

  1. I feel so much better about the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is just over the top! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT! I still need to buy a handcrank for my machine.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee! Now you can make something on that lovely lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like a good sew with a good light. I just love that lamp! What a good idea. I'm looking at mine now and wondering if Handyman would like another project! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better that a good sew with good lighting. I just love that lamp. I'm looking at my vintage lamp now, and wondering how Handyman would like a new project. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow that's awesome ,your dear brother put so much love and time into giving you the perfect gift and your such a smarty to get it working ,well done .

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...