Sunday, December 16, 2007

Iowa Ice Pictures

These are the pictures from Tuesday's (December 11, 2007) ice storm. It rained and rained all day long, and then froze. I took these pictures on Friday morning about 10:00. We got snow yesterday, so now we have snow and ice both on the trees. I feel sorry for the trees, and little bushes, but I think the ice is just beautiful. Usually, when we get frozen fog, or ice on trees, I see them on my way to work, but by the time I get done working, the sun and temperatures have melted them, and I have missed an opportunity to take some pictures. I wonder how long these will be iced up. Well, I'm going to enjoy them while I can. I just hope the trees survive. There are so many broken branches and tree limbs. The power lines really have taken a beating too. Lots of power outages. I'm glad this doesn't happen often.

The first two pictures are of a tree in my neighbor's yard, which appears above my roof.
This bush is on the right hand side of my driveway. You also see the side of my opposite neighbor's house.
I took this picture after I drove through the drive up bank to deposit a check. I stopped halfway down the driveway and snapped the following two photos.
Stay warm, everyone, and enjoy the holidays! Remember, Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Without HIM, there would be no Christmas!







2 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos. We've had quite a bit of frost but it's not as beautiful as yours.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice is so pretty. We were lucky not to have gotten any of it here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...