Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why I LOVE GOODWILL!!!

Today I took a really needed vacation day from work, and to make my weekend longer. Tomorrow (Friday), we are driving up to Milwaukee to visit Jen and Cindy! Louie is going to visit the pool hall he loves, and we girls are just going to 'have fun'!

This morning, I went to the chiropractor in DeWitt, and decided I was going to do a little 'junkin' (thrift store shopping), so I wandered down the highway a few more miles to the Quad Cities. I went to the Goodwill store in Bettendorf, and I found this cute teacup and saucer. The two actually are not a matched set, but you could have fooled me! The teacup is marked on the bottom '7 20 Royal Castle Fine Bone China Made In England'. The saucer is marked 'Bone China B 6 Royal Vale Made in England A Product of Ridgeway Potteries LTD. I thought the set was so adorable, I just had to bring it home.

I also went to the Goodwill on 53rd Street. There, I found this little Pfalzgraff teapot. I didn't realize it until the other day, but I have been infatuated with teapots of all sorts and varieties for years. I have several of them. Not many of them are china, but I have many.
The greatest find today though, was this quilt. It is NOT handmade. I am sure it came from a place called 7th Avenue or somewhere like that that sells quilts in their bedding category, because I could see that at one time, there WAS a tag, which someone has removed, but at any rate, I thought it looked really nice, and I loved the colors. It looked to be in good shape, and the price was right, so I bought it. How much? OOoohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......$8.38. I'm not sure what size it is, but the stippling is dense, and it matches my couch and fainting couch really well!
I love the embroidery on it too! The fabric on the edge is a brown, but it almost has a maroon tint to it, which is my color! I wish you could see this quilt in person. These pictures really do this quilt NO JUSTICE at all!



If you look to the bottom right of this photo, you can see just a bit of my couch. It's just off the right corner of the quilt. I have this quilt draped over two lazyboy chairs that sit side by side for the picture pose. I actually saw the worker bring this quilt out from the back room, and within a few minutes, it was in my hot grubby little hands and MINE!
Days like these, are why I love Goodwill, and why I am a THRIFT STORE JUNKIE!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you found lots of treasures today. That quilt is really neat. Have fun with Jen and Cindy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrift stores, too. It's always a treasure hunt, isn't it? You found some great things and the quilt is lovely. Be safe and have fun with Jen and Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of shopping!!! You got some bargains and they are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What FUN finds!!! Hope you make it safely!!! It's snowin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see what you find! I have a collection of china cups too. I pick them up at thrift stores or yard sales.

    The quilt is beautiful!!! That was such a great buy!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finds! Hope you had a good time here!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you Michelle! So nice to meet a kindred spirit with junkin! Yea! It is so much fun! Looks like you scored with your treasures! I really love that quilt, it is soooo pretty! Your blog is really cute! I'll be back to visit again!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...