Sunday, October 26, 2008

What Sin?



What Sin? (Morgan Cryar 1 John 1:9)

It happened so long ago
I cried out for mercy back then.
I plead the blood of Jesus
Begged him to forgive my sin.
I still can't forget it
It just won't go away.
So I wept again, "Lord wash my sin,"
But this is all He'd say,

Chorus:
What sin, what sin?
Well that's as far away as the east is from the west.
What sin, what sin?
It was gone the very minute you confessed
Buried in the sea of forgetfulness.

The heaviest thing you'll carry
Is a load of guilt and shame.
You were never meant to bear them
So let them go in Jesus name.
Our God is slow to anger
Quick to forgive our sin
So let Him put them under the blood
Don't bring them up again.
Cause He'll just say,

Chorus:

Lord, please deliver me from my accusing memory.
Nothing makes me weak this way, then when I hear you say,

Chorus
(c) 1995 Kata Dioko Music, ASCAP

John 19:1-22
Jesus Is Sentenced to Be Crucified

1Then Pilate took Jesus and had him whipped. 2The soldiers twisted thorns together to make a crown. They put it on Jesus' head. Then they put a purple robe on him. 3They went up to him again and again. They kept saying, "We honor you, king of the Jews!" And they hit him in the face. 4Once more Pilate came out. He said to the Jews, "Look, I am bringing Jesus out to you. I want to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him." 5Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Then Pilate said to them, "Here is the man!"
6As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, "Crucify him! Crucify him!" But Pilate answered, "You take him and crucify him. I myself find no basis for a charge against him." 7The Jews replied, "We have a law. That law says he must die. He claimed to be the Son of God." 8When Pilate heard that, he was even more afraid. 9 He went back inside the palace. "Where do you come from?" he asked Jesus. But Jesus did not answer him. 10"Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you understand? I have the power to set you free or to nail you to a cross." 11Jesus answered, "You were given power from heaven. If you weren't, you would have no power over me. So the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."
12From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free. But the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are not Caesar's friend! Anyone who claims to be a king is against Caesar!" 13When Pilate heard that, he brought Jesus out. Pilate sat down on the judge's seat. It was at a place called The Stone Walkway. In the Aramaic language it was called Gabbatha. 14It was about noon on Preparation Day in Passover Week. "Here is your king," Pilate said to the Jews. 15But they shouted, "Kill him! Kill him! Crucify him!"
"Should I crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered. 16Finally, Pilate handed Jesus over to them to be nailed to a cross.

Jesus Is Nailed to a Cross

So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. 17He had to carry his own cross. He went out to a place called The Skull. In the Aramaic language it was called Golgotha. 18There they nailed Jesus to the cross. Two other men were crucified with him. One was on each side of him. Jesus was in the middle. 19Pilate had a notice prepared. It was fastened to the cross. It read, ~jesus of nazareth, the king of the jews. 20Many of the Jews read the sign. The place where Jesus was crucified was near the city. The sign was written in the Aramaic, Latin and Greek languages.
21The chief priests of the Jews argued with Pilate. They said, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews.' Write that this man claimed to be king of the Jews." 22Pilate answered, "I have written what I have written."

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...