Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Bounty and Quilts

My sister Nancy has had to work Thanksgiving for the last few decades, and finally got to enjoy a Thanksgiving day off. I cooked a turkey breast, baked a few premade pies, and some sides.

thx 001 

While the food was cooking, we started working on two quilt tops. I was so proud of her, as she has not sewn much, and worked so hard. She did a good job!

thx 002

I over estimated the time it would take for our projects, and by mid afternoon, turkey, not enough sleep the night before and working in the ‘sweat shop’ directed by a demanding leader (me), she was so tired she couldn’t see straight, so I told her to take a nap. Eight hours later, I had both quilt tops finished. (I wish I had not chosen the yellows, but it’s too late now!)

thx 011thx 012

I never know when enough is enough. My Quilts for Kids quilt tops ended up being just a ‘tad’ bigger than planned and suggested by QFK. I hope they still will take them!

I planned on having them quilted today, but I watched a movie this morning that Nancy rented for me, and it has to be back by this evening. Now I just have to reclaim my motivation and get at it!

Have a great Friday everyone! If I get these finished, I’ll be back!

Be blessed!

Michelle

Add_Bear_Essentials_Loving_Care_thumb

4 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving! Relax, enjoy--and don't push (that's what non-holidays are for!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute making quilts on Thanksgiving!! Sounds like a fun thing to do together with your sister!! Dinner sounded delicious too!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating and working - enjoyable anyway!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect day!!! And I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...