Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Love My Quilting Friends!

Hugs

I woke up this morning anticipating our quilting day. I paid no attention to the weather, until Leslie called and asked me how our streets were, as the local radio was announcing cancellations right and left. I knew snow would be coming, but I didn’t anticipate it until late afternoon/early evening. The temps were to be 34*-36*….above freezing, right? Well, I looked outside and my driveway was a sheet of ice.

 Loose tensions Christmas 001

My heart sank, and I became very anxious. Louie asked what he could do, and I said, ‘Please just take care of it’. My mind wouldn’t even work. He covered the left side of our driveway with all the sand that we had, and I sent out emails and texts to all my quilting girls telling them I would be here if they wanted to venture out. My friend Christie called her husband who was an on duty police officer and asked about the driving conditions. He said the main roads and highways were fine, but some of the side streets were slippery, but if the girls were careful, they should have no problems. EVERYONE LOCAL CAME! I was so happy! The only friend we missed was my sweet ‘sister in love’ who lives an hour away, and I can’t blame her for not wanted to venture out. (We missed you, Polly!)

We celebrated Margaret’s birthday…..

Loose tensions Christmas 002Loose tensions Christmas 003Loose tensions Christmas 004Loose tensions Christmas 006

…and we exchanged Christmas gifts!

Loose tensions Christmas 005Loose tensions Christmas 007

The snow started falling again around lunch time…

Loose tensions Christmas 009Loose tensions Christmas 008

…and a few hours later, my friends started going home.

Loose tensions Christmas 011

My sweetie cleaned the driveway after everyone went home, and now I think we will watch a movie and I will thank God for our warm home, good friends, and the many blessings we take for granted each and every day.

Loose tensions Christmas 012

I can’t begin to explain the love I have for my friends. I am so happy they ‘braved the weather’ to come and gather today. They are such a blessing to me.

Stay warm, cozy and safe this weekend. Someone out there loves your more than you know.

Be blessed,

Michelle

LT quilt trip 001[2]

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad your friends came!!! It would have been such a letdown after your anticipation. There is nothing like getting in a room full of sweet, fun women. It's just such a great comraderie...and when you all love the same thing that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I bet this was one of the best times you all had...presents, friends and gifts...all fantastic!

    Stay safe if you have to get out in the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your day turned out after all! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun and everyone got there safely .There's just something about quilters they have a heart of gold . Your snow is heading our way tomorrow ,we made the trip to USA no snow in sight .

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you had your special day
    in spite of the ice and snow!

    thank you for your prayers for my
    friend's missing son . . . day 5

    love,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that your party held out against the weather! Enjoy your movie and warm couch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad that the majority of you were able to get together and celebrate your friend's birthday and the gift exchange!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet day shared by all! Glad it worked so well. :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just sounds like so much fun! We are in Gatlinburg and they are saying 6-8 inches is heading this way. I would love to get snowed in. I loved the email you sent me. You are my angel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Women need women - I've said it over and over. I think men could live without other men but women couldn't live without other women. I'm not sure what the difference is but I believe it. I'm so glad your friends got to come. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...