Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wrong Numbers Make Me CRANKY

Especially if it’s 11:30 at night, after I have been asleep for a few (or more) hours, and it’s the WRONG NUMBER…AGAIN for the second time in a week….and I need to mention that the phone it came from, was the same phone that called and woke me up last week!

 

phone-ringing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Phone calls in the middle of the night scare the HELL out of me, but leaving the ringer on is necessary for emergencies. The phone ringing in the middle of the night makes my heart pound against my chest, because I don’t know what is going to greet me at the other end (like what kind of emergency is it going to be.) I also have to get up, and stumble to the phone that is charging in the bathroom.

I needed to find a solution for this, so WRONG NUMBER would not wake me up again! I googled for a solution and found out you cannot block an incoming number unless you block ALL incoming calls, or call your cell phone provider and have them block a certain number for a fee. I sent the caller a ‘not so nice’ text asking him to QUIT calling me, like he did last week, as I don’t like being woke by a someone calling a wrong number, and that some of us have to work and get up at 4:30am!

Then, I followed the directions of a genius who was nice enough to offer information I had not thought of. Add Wrong Number to your contact list, choose a ring tone especially for him (or leave it the same…doesn’t matter) and set the volume for that caller to SILENT. (Ah…silence is golden….golden….)

Thank you brilliant person! Now maybe I can go back to sleep!

Sweet dreams!

Michelle

cranky face (2)

10 comments:

  1. Well, thank you! Learn something new from you every time! Now, if we could do that with the blankity-blank fire department pagers that keep randomly going off at odd times, we'd be in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about calls during the night. However, it sounds like you have worked out a wonderful solution. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the reason we have an unlisted number ,seems you have found a better solution .I hate late night calls ,scares the heck out of me .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know that you can select a ring tone for that one number AND put it on silent. Thanks for sharing the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you had such frustrations with the wrong number. wrong numbers late at night give me a bit of the heee-bee-geebies too. I'm glad that you were able to fix the problem =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know this about how you could take care of wrong numbers. We haven't gotten one in a bit, but I know what you mean about the phone ringing in the middle of the night. We have gotten calls like that recently (hubby's elderly parents) and it is hard to go back to sleep after the adrenaline runs through you with wondering who is calling at that late hour.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten a wrong number late at night in quite a while, thank goodness. I DO charge my cell phone next to the bed, on the night stand. I'd never hear it in the bathroom, and I have a teenager that works late, so, I want it near me. Sleep silently now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Oh, I hope I can remember this the next time I have a situation like that! I paid for answering two calls from the wrong number while I was out of town, so I got roaming charges, grrr. Great solution and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! Sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got a wrong number, but it's mid morning so the timing wasn't terrible. I can't believe though that we still get wrong numbers for the business that had our number before. We've had it now for probably 8 years and it's non-published to boot.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...