Sunday, May 6, 2012

My ‘Someday’ Track Lights (Machine Quilting Room)

My hubby installed my ‘someday’ track lights today…all by himself…with no help from me. I needed a break from projects, but mostly from being the ‘one woman clean up committee’. I didn’t even go down until the job was finished.

Singer 603 007

A few weeks ago, I worked in this room, after Louie’s desk came upstairs to his new office. This is how the room looks with only the overhead light on. I did not use my flash.

Singer 603 001

This picture was taken before the track lights were installed. I did use a flash on this picture, but if you look to the far top left corner, the lamp on the wall, and the corner lamp is on. That is the extent of my lighting, other than the lamp clipped to the handle of my quilter.

dark

I turned off my flash for this picture to show how bright the lights are.

Singer 603 002

These next two pictures were taken without a flash also. The first one is with the track lights off, and the other lights on……

Singer 603 003

…and this one is with the track lights on. Smile A noticeable improvement?

Singer 603 004

Hopefully, it will make a big difference in how well I can see when I am quilting.

Singer 603 007

My hubby installed a plug on the track lights, rather than wiring them directly into a constant power source. On the long strip, the track lights are plugged in, a heavy extension cord for my sewing machine, cruise control, and lamp, and another cord for the lamp in the corner are all plugged into this strip. When I am finished in this area, I flip the switch, and everything is turned off, and when I want to turn everything back on, I flip the switch again. So  nice!

Singer 603 009

Now that’s a good job done!!!

Have a great week.

Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Those track lights do make a difference indeed in the lighting for that room Michelle! WTG to your hubby for his hard work! It came out great!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Lou! Thanks for installing the lights for Michelle! Lou's a keeper! Have fun with the new lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big difference! Lucky girl for getting the lights and for the husband that you have. I am always the clean up girl too. Hmmmm, wonder why that is? Your quilting space is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl, you did need some lights! :D Isn't it funny what a great job our hubs do when they decide to get it done? Your blog looks so good!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Lou! Quilting is so much easier on the eyes with good lighting. What a big difference those track lights make. Good for you Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad some day finally arrived! :) The lights look fantastic and must make your heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how much difference a little light can make!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...