Monday, July 9, 2012

Kenmore 1212

About a month ago, Patty, from New2YouUsedFurniture donated a Kenmore 1212 sewing machine for me to repair and donate to The Sewing Machine Project.

It needed a new tension dial, and it was missing it’s foot control. I ordered a tension dial, and I installed it. Wow, was that slick! We came home with the intention of ordering a foot control for it, or at least a new lead cord, which we would add a foot control to from our ‘stash’, but it just so happened, we had a complete cord and foot control that would fit this machine. How neat was that?

Kenmore 158. 1212180 001

This Kenmore is a straight and zigzag machine, but it sounds, and sews strong. All I did was clean and oil it. It had no ‘stuck’ parts or issues that needed solved. It was raring to go! This machine will make someone a wonderful machine.

Kenmore 158. 1212180 002

All I had to do to install the new tension dial, was open the end door, loosen a tiny screw, pull out the old tension dial (which was bent and missing parts), and pop in the new one.

Kenmore 158. 1212180 005

It sews! Wha-la! This was my ‘get the tension correct’ test towel. Kenmore 158. 1212180 003

One more for ‘the project’. Thanks Patty! This machine will be donated in your name.

2 comments:

  1. I am always so amazed at how you are able to bring this little gals back to life! You have such a gift and you are using it to help others :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere someone is going to be so grateful for another great machine! You have a gift!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...