You know, looks aren’t everything. When we found this machine, it was in a cabinet. Of course, we removed it, as The Sewing Machine Project does not take cabinets, and it’s a good thing, or I WOULD have to rent a U-HAUL! This machine has had a busy life, I believe. The paint is FAR from perfect, but ohhhh, with some oil and a little love, it purrs. You could easily sew with this machine at any time during sleeping hours and not stir a soul! It is strong and quiet, and makes lovely stitches. I’ll show you the ‘after’ pictures first.
It came with the original manual, but I copied it to digital form, and printed a copy to send with the machine.
It sews straight, zig zag and blind stitches.
Now I will
tell you show you the ‘dirt’ (and clean) on this machine! You will have to click to enlarge photos to see the details.
The machine was FILTHY, and the edge of the bed had some severe paint damage.
A little soap and water, and Almond Appliance Touch-Up paint fixed it right up!
Nothing was ‘stuck’ on it, and it appeared to have been oiled recently, but I did my normal ‘clean and oil’ on it anyway. I started to fall in love with it, just I do all the machines I work on, but I reminded myself who these machines were for, and now that I have blogged about it, I will put it in it’s suitcase and carry it downstairs to be with the ‘others’ waiting to go to Madison.