When we made our first sewing machine delivery to The Sewing Machine Project in June, we also went junkin’. We came home with four sewing machines, I think, and this was one of them. It did not have a foot control, so I needed to purchase one.
I started working on it, and I could not get power to the machine, or the light. I found out that the light bulb was missing, so I put in a light bulb, but still no power. I tried a different foot control from my own collection, and still no power. (Sigh!) I handed it off to hubby to see if he could figure it out. Only a few minutes later, he called me to his shop and flipped this switch on the lamp.
This switch is for both the lamp and the power. I just thought that was such an odd place. Now, had the switch been on the body, I would have had no problem figuring it out, but since it was on the lamp, I couldn’t. Well, Duh!
This machine is HEAVY, and QUIET, and sews so smoothly. Ok, yes, I did think about keeping it, but only for a minute.
Thanks to galstudio, I downloaded and printed a manual for it. Thank you, galstudio! This machine is now ready to head back North in October sometime.