Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Sewing

Oh the weather outside if frightful….well, not really cold yet, but it is raining, and the wind is blowing. I am going to lock myself in the basement and cut my strips for my double hourglass quilt today, and hopefully, get some strips sewn together. I picked out some fabrics last night, then figured out how many different colors I wanted, and how many blocks I would need to get to the quilt size I wanted. The smaller pieces are the fabrics I cut last night. The bigger ones are the fabrics I picked out this morning, and cut into fat quarters. Next, I will need to cut them into strips. I need to cut my white strips too. I may not get much sewing done today, but hopefully I’ll get all my cutting done.

IMG-20121111-00059

Please click ‘read more’ below, for the rest of this post.

My sweetie wanted to make sure I could ‘keep up my strength’Rolling on the floor laughing (his words, not mine), so he made me breakfast. He even brought it to me, and came down to eat with me! Gosh, I love that guy! Red heart

IMG-20121111-00058

So today, I’ll be working on more of these. It’s a pj day, so if you plan on stopping over, please call first! Surprised smile

November quilting 008

Don’t forget our veterans today. If you see one, please tell him thank you.

thankful-for-veterans

Have a wonderful Sunday, whatever you do!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband! I sewed some today too - made one of the little coin purses from the U R Priceless? purse hop. I had signed up for it, then backed out because I didn't need any more stress to get something made right now. It felt good to make one without being on a deadline. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you picked. Did you get lots done today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics Michelle, can't wait to see your quilt. I got a walk in just before the rain hit here, the wind had started blowing the night before and kept up all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you planned a great activity to do today Michelle with the weather being like it was! Hope you accomplished all you wanted to today! Delicious looking breakfast; what a sweetheart indeed Lou is!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of day!

    Have a Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...