Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quilt Frame Scrap Bag

I have wanted to make a hanging scrap bag for my quilter ever since I got the idea for it, and that was a few months ago. I just hadn’t found the time, but today all I did was sew! It was kind of nice. I like how it turned out! My friend Kate gave me the fabric several months ago, and I have been itchin’ to make something with it. It is so cute and cheerful!

IMG-20130414-00340

 

I had picked up a small waste basket quite awhile ago while junkin’, and one day I thought it would be the perfect size for throwing away scraps of batting and fabric when I cut the quilt off the frame, and for threads while quilting, but I wanted it up off the floor, so I thought I could make something to hang on the front roller of my frame, big enough for the basket to slide into. I don’t usually use the roller, since I have been ‘floating’ the quilt tops lately when quilting, so this would be the perfect place…(I hope).

I squared the bottom….

IMG-20130414-00338

…sewed a long ‘tab’ to wrap around the roller, and sewed ‘hook and loop’ to the tab, and to the back of the bag to secure it.

IMG-20130414-00339

Here it is, ready for the next time I quilt a top. Hmmm…wonder when that will be? Thinking smile

IMG-20130414-00341

I also made another Market Bag, and I added the pictures to yesterday’s post, if you want to see it.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...