This machine is number 3 for me today, and the last one, for today. I found this Singer awhile ago too. I just hadn’t had time to work on all the machines I have collected, but since Louie was busy today, and it was a rainy day, I thought it would be a good day to have my own Sewing Machine Project repair day.
This machine didn’t need much except a nice sponge bath. I did take the top and bottom off and I gave it some oil in a few places, but this machine has some plastic and nylon inside, so I needed to be careful. This is just a basic straight and zigzag stitch machine, but it is very nice, and it sewed some nice stitches. It earned a Sewing Machine Project sticker!
This machine was missing the extension bed, but I had an extra laying around after I had to put another similar sewing machine ‘to rest’. It was a nice completion for this machine. I downloaded a manual from the Singer site, and I found a spool cap in my parts box.
This snap on lid was part of the machine that the extension table came from. The lid has a place where the extension bed snaps inside for storage. It is ready to go to Madison!
I am very grateful to people who donate their machines to thrift stores, instead of throwing them in the landfill. There is still much use in many of the orphans I find, and I am very happy to donate them to the Sewing Machine Project.