Sunday, October 6, 2013

This Is How I Shop!

Yesterday afternoon after quilting, Louie and I did a little junkin’. We didn’t find much, but I brought home TWO  homemade drapery panels made from regular cotton fabric because I especially liked the fabric on the back.

IMG-20131006-00941

I threw both panels in the washing machine, and this morning, I removed them from the dryer, unstitched the gathering, cut below the sewing line, unstitched the hem, turned it inside out, and cut the serging off all the way around. This was all the waste I got, and if I worked a little bit harder, I could make this into less waste yet.

IMG-20131006-00942

I have only taken apart one panel this morning. How much fabric did I get? 3 yards plus a few more inches of EACH fabric x 43”.  When I get the other one apart, I will have 6+ yards of each fabric. Total: 12 yards of fabric.

IMG-20131006-00944

How much? $4. Pretty good, eh?

Have a wonderful Sunday. I’m going to be sewing!

images

10 comments:

  1. Great find. You really can see things differently when junkin. I am always amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome what a little elbow grease can net!

    And I loved yesterdays quilt squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a find! I wish I could follow you around when you are junkin', -- only I guess then I would just watch you get the good stuff!! I just don't see it when I'm out there looking! You must have "the eye"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Michelle! That was amazing how little waste you had! What a great bargain you found! Hope you enjoyed your sewing day.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love both, especially the strawberry one. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what you'll make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done the same with some panels of a cotton that I've liked. I grabbed some lovely blue cotton yesterday at a thrift store. I also grabbed 2 matching quilted shams, so that I can learn how to make that bag one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great buy! Definitely worth thinking outside the box for buying fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...