Saturday, October 5, 2013

October Quilting~Rock Island Campfires

Our quilt group met today for October, and Margaret’s name was chosen to teach a quilt block.

IMG-20131005-00937

She chose a pattern by Marianne Fons called Rock Island Campfires. The pattern can be found in the July/August 2013 issue of Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine.

IMG-20131005-00939

Here are the blocks that our group made today. Aren’t they cute? They were quick, easy, and fun!

IMG-20131005-00936

She also got to choose which fabric we would exchange in Fat Quarters. She chose Home Spun fabrics.

IMG-20131005-00940

We had a great time, celebrated a couple birthdays, and laughed a lot. What could be better than that?

Hope your Saturday was fun too. Have a great rest of the weekend.

images

4 comments:

  1. That will be a great quilt! Your blocks look so nice. This quilt is on my radar, too ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your group has some great ideas for activities. I like the chosen block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stitching days with friends! Someday I'm hoping you and I can have one of those days Michelle...wouldn't that be fun! Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...