Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Sewing Christmas Stocking

Thanksgiving sewing had me making Louie his new Christmas stocking. The other two photos included are the back of this stocking and the inside. As you can see from my previous blog, the back fabric of this stocking matches the one I made for myself. Louie has a love of playing pool (billiards), and my sweet, adopted 'mom' (she calls herself 'mudder') bought the pool fabric quite awhile ago for me to do something with it. Well, I have lots of fabric left, but this is a start! Louie and I stayed home on Thanksgiving day, and worked on ebay until about noon. Since we hadn't had any real breakfast, he made me homemade 'beer' waffles, and we put canned strawberry pie filling on them, and he made us some poached eggs. It was all delicious, then he went to his workshop and played, and I made Louie his christmas stocking to match mine....kind of.

I had talked to my sister, who changed jobs in the last few weeks, and she was at a friend's house in the town where her new job is. She has been staying there on the days that she works because her apartment she lives in now, is in the same town as I am, which is about 40 miles away. She did have yesterday off, I called her, and she was feeling pretty BLUE so I asked her to jump in her car, and come to see Louie and I. I told her I would cook a pan of lasagna for supper. She was supposed to call me back, which she didn't, but she did show up mid afternoon.

After she arrived, I had a little bit to do on this stocking, then I cleaned up my mess, put the lasagna in the oven, and we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Prancer. If you have not seen the original 'Prancer', with Sam Elliott , you are missing out! I love the little girl that plays Jessica Riggs. It is such a good movie, and a tear jerker in a few spots. This is one movie that I make sure I watch every Christmas season, and sometimes more than once....(i.e., I watched it Sunday while I was sewing too!) We ate our lasagna, and I went upstairs and left my sister 'snoring' in Louie's recliner about 10pm. (Did I mention that I have never seen anyone who can go from snoring, to full sentences, to snoring in less than 10 seconds????) Louie went down later and told her to just stay there if she wanted to, and he would wake her up in the morning, which she did. Louie did wake her up.....three times, and finally went to work and left her there.

I got up this morning, and let her sleep for awhile, but finally got her up. By this time, she was laying on the couch, and I just went and sat on her. She got up finally, and called on a couple apartments. She just left to look at one, and put a deposit on it this morning, then she has to be at work at 12:30 this afternoon. She is so happy she has finally found a place of her own, as she has been staying with a dear friend, and would like to give her friend her 'space' back, Everyone needs their own 'space'. We are all different people, in different areas, and no matter how much we love each other, we still need our time to ourselves.

So far today, I have not accomplished much. I do have a couple ideas of what I want to do, so maybe if you are lucky, I will have done something, and will post my progress.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I am thankful for all of you....American and International. May you find peace, joy, and blessings galore as our Christmas holiday season begins. I love the Christmas season. It's not the gift giving, it is the love, the joy in our hearts, the music, and lights, family and friends, but most of all, the gift of Jesus, which God gave to us so many many years ago. Through all the holiday bustle, remember, the true reason why we celebrate Christmas each year.

'Jesus is the Reason for the Season'

Ta ta for now!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. I love Louie's stocking! It is so cute! Glad you got to spend some special time with your sister. Hope she gets moved in to her new place soon.

    Oh and I LOVE the original Prancer movie. Of course, I LOVE anything with Sam Elliot in it. I haven't seen the newer version.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louie's stocking is great! You know what you could do with some more of that pool ball fabric? You could make him a small wall hanging. That would look pretty cool in his "area." Kind of converging the Pool and the Quilting.

    It sounds like your sister has things under control and that's fantastic!! The whole situation sucked but I'm glad it sounds like it's going to be ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stocking! It's so cool and I'm sure he'll enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my how perfect is Louie's stocking. I love it. You are a great wife!!! You are both so lucky to have each other.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...