Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lefton Rose Chintz Plates

My husband Louie shakes his head, smiles, and says, 'Ya know, 10 years ago when I showed you a pretty plate, you just shook your head and said, 'Oh, yuck! Honey, your tastes have changed!" It is true. Seems the last few months I have been drawn to pretty cups and plates and clear glass candy dishes and tall jars with pretty lids. I can't explain it.

I guess what I call my style of decorating is kind of Victorian. I love pretty things. The main floor restroom has a sign on the door which reads 'Ladies Room' and is themed appropriately. A few weeks ago, I posted about adding some 'Pretties For the 'Ladies Room', where I hung up a couple plates I had found at a second hand resale shop. A few weeks ago, I happened upon some more plates. I was walking down the dishes isle at the Salvation Army, minding my own business, and as I walked by, this is what I saw.
Then I saw this! I loved the design, and the fact that they had the laced edges, because they would fit in with my Baum Brothers plates I had just hung up!I was also happy to see there was a way to hang them on the wall, although, there were no wires on any of the plates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...what can I use that I already have to make these work? I know! Paper clips! I got out my handy needle nose pliers and reformed the shape and now I have hangers! Well, I am not very fast sometimes getting jobs done, but since I knew I had company coming yesterday, it gave me incentive to get them hung. Two of them I hung above my mirror. The other two, I hung next to my mirror above my sink.
After I found the Lefton Rose Chintz Plates, I looked on eBay to see what they were worth...well, definately more than what I paid for them! I looked to see what else was available. I found a little pitcher, which I thought was MUCH bigger. I thought I would put my lipsticks in it and set it on the counter. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found it be only 2 1/2" wide, BUT I love it, it is cute, and I'm happy with it. It fit in well with my little porcelain purse I found earlier at Goodwill, sitting on top of my kleenex holder. I also found another Formalities Baum Brothers plate on eBay to add to the others, and I hung it above the door. I thought it needed something else, so a couple brass butterflies flew in and signed up for the job.Have you noticed my lavender sink and bathtub? They are original to the house. We have replaced the potty. We can't afford total renovations, so I had to decorate around them.
Thank you for looking at the 'Ladies Room' and my new plates.


God Bless This Home

Home is where your heart should be,
A very special place for a family.
God bless this home with your love,
Bless everything they’re dreaming of.
Keep them safe within these walls,
Let laughter echo through the halls.
Guardian Angels always protect and keep,
Watch over this family while they sleep.
Bless this home with love forever,
Keep this family always together.
In a home that’s filled with kindness,
The family always finds true happiness.
So as this family begins to grow,
Let your blessings continue to flow.

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11






7 comments:

  1. I never come across cool stuff at our goodwill or s.army. Maybe I just don't look in the right spots. The plates are very pretty. My style is more primitive, traditional country but I still appreciate items outside of that when I see them.

    On another note, it looks like we called it right today about not riding. It's been raining here all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plates...looks like they have found an excellent location to now call home.

    I am like you in that style is changing...in some ways...you can't really put a label on it. I don't care...I like what I like...sort of ecclectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so pretty! I just love seeing photos of your house!
    KRistie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great plates. I love how you hang them up. I'll have to work out how to display some of mine.
    My Aunt left me a Crown Derby tea set and it just sits ina cupboard gathering dust. I'll have to work out a better way of displaying it.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plates are gorgeous--feminine yet not wimpy! LOL! You have a knack for decorating--my walls are mostly bare....can never decide what to put where and how to group. Keep posting these lovely pics and maybe I'll pick up some tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plates are gorgeous--feminine yet not wimpy! LOL! You have a knack for decorating--my walls are mostly bare....can never decide what to put where and how to group. Keep posting these lovely pics and maybe I'll pick up some tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plates are soooo pretty and of course you have them displayed beautifully .When we moved in this house everything had been updated except the lavender tub ,rather then replace it ( we would have had to remove ceramic tiles on the floor )we had a company come in and refinish it white .5 years later it still looks like new .

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...