I finally joined my ‘green’ friends, jumped on the bandwagon, and made my own dry laundry soap tonight.
Louie stopped and picked up the necessities after work, and as I watched ‘Hoarders’, I shredded the Fels-Naptha soap.
I made two batches, so I shredded two bars of soap. I added two cups of Borax and two cups of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda. I mixed it with a big spoon first, but then I scooped it into the Presto Minnie-Max about a cup and a half at a time, and pulsed it until it was well mixed. (I got Minnie at Goodwill yesterday!)
The double recipe made THREE PINTS of dry laundry soap.
I am washing a load of ‘towels and whites’ right now, and I used TWO TABLESPOONS of soap. I probably didn’t have to use that much, but I thought I would test it using that amount and see how it comes out.
I’m excited to see how it works on my oily/mineral spirit-y work uniforms, but that won’t be until the end of the week. I know I will only use ONE TABLESPOON for regular clothes, as we don’t get them soiled much at all.
It was kind of fun!