Cheryl, over at Cheryl’s Teapots2Quilting tagged me in a little game that’s going around. Here are the questions she had me answer.
1. Musicals or plays? And what are your favorites?
I love BOTH! I love going to Circa 21 Dinner and Playhouse in Rock Island to see just about anything they put on. I don’t go as often as I would like, but try to go around Christmas time for the holiday shows. It just kind of puts me in the holiday spirit. I have no favorites. I was a mouse in a play once when I was a sophomore in high school. We put on a play for the elementary kids. I only had a few lines (thank GOD, as I was SO so, so, so shy!). The line I remember the most is ‘Look at the moonbeam, mama!’
2. Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog? No, I pretty much tell everybody everything about me, so no secrets!
3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now?
Nope, I am not a reader. I am a person!!! I haven’t always read. I have to have complete quiet when I read, or I don’t absorb it. I wish it wasn’t that way, but it is. I actually don’t get much reading done, except at work, on my breaks and lunch, but now that I have a Nook, I carry it with me everywhere, so when I have to wait in the drs office, or for whatever reason, I keep occupied with reading. I love it. Right now, I am reading ‘The Scent of Cherry Blossoms’ by Cindy Woodsmall
4. What is your favorite time of day? My favorite time of day is 4:30pm on weekdays, as that is when I get off work! I don’t have much time for ‘me’ before work, and I am pretty much exhausted after work, so on my days off, my favorite time of day, is ALL DAY!!!
5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them? I have not saved selvages from fabric up to this point, but I save everything else under the sun!
6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made? Actually, I love all the quilts I make. I’m just so darn excited about finishing them, that I love them all. If you are going to make me say one though, I guess it would have to be my hexagon quilt. I got the tutorial from May Britt, over on her blog, Abyquilt.
7. What color comes up most often in your quilts? Maroon
8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated? If I’m sewing with my quilting group, we usually are chatting, and there is music playing in the background, but if I am sewing by myself, I usually have a movie in. Actually, I have several movies, because when I sew, I sew for hours…..just not very often.
9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered?
Praise the Lord, I have been very fortunate in not receiving any big injuries. I’ve had lots of little ones, but ones that never required any treatment (or we just didn’t go to the dr). I screwed up my neck doing flips on the trampoline in jr high, which I am still paying for with pain, I have broken every toe I have, probably several times each, and I have twisted my ankles many times over the years, but that’s about it. Did I say, Praise the Lord!!! ???
10. Do you come from a large family or a small family? Large.
11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born? I have lived here since 1973, and before that, my hometown was 21 miles from here. In 1975, I moved to a town 35 miles from here, for only 9 months, then moved back here. I was born about 50 miles from my first hometown. Here is my list of people I am going to tag. Yes, I’m asking them to use the same questions as above. (How’s that for lazy?) Let’s hope they play along!
1. Valerie over at Life’s Little Garden
2. Marlene over at Stitchin by the Lake
3. Pokey over at Pokeydot Quilting
4. Kathleen over at Four Miles North of Nowhere
5. Jeanna over at Because I Say Sew
6 Debbie over at Of His Pasture
7. Renea over at Triple Quilts to Treasure
Thanks in advance girls! I’m looking forward to seeing your answers!