I found another sewing machine to rescue today, and boy, did it need rescuing!!!! Look how dirty she is!
She has some scuffs and scrapes mixed in with the dirt, and she is missing her throat plate.
Her foot control and cord were nasty too.
Ok, so now, you must realize that I took the ‘before’ photos without a flash, because I wanted you to be able to see the dirt, and these after photos are taken with a flash, so the before photos look much more yellow than these.
She still has some scraps and she is not perfect, by any means. She DOES have more plastic gears than I would prefer. In fact, almost ALL plastic gears.
I thought I had a throat plate that would fit her, but alas, the one I have is too long. It is the right width though, so I was able to use it until I can get a replacement. (Again, no flash)
All her stitches work! If you look close, you might think it was skipping stitches, as some stitches are missing, but they are really not. I just was sewing through a paper towel, and the needle cut through the paper.