Friday, January 11, 2013

December Quilting-Snowball Block

I know. It’s January. I didn’t do a very good job at posting about our December quilting get together, did I? As you may recall, our group decided that we were going to make a block each month, and that block would be chosen and taught by the person who won the fat quarter exchange. That person also chose which fabric we traded for the next month, taking home an extra stack of fabric for herself!

Leslie won the draw, (she chose for us to exchange Civil War fabrics) so she chose the ‘Snowball’ pattern, brought the fabric, already cut, and all we had to do was sew them together.

IMG-20121201-00118

It only took a few minutes, and Leslie’s ‘Snowballs’ were all sewn together. She was able to take them home to make a quilt top. I can’t wait to see if she brings it back tomorrow all finished and quilted!

IMG-20121201-00119

As you can see, I did a poor job of taking photos….only two. We had a lot crammed into our day in December. We had a December birthday to celebrate, Christmas gift exchange, potluck, and lots of laughter.

…and we get to do it all again tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea ,your group will have quilts finished in no time ,perfect idea for cuddle quilts .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love getting together with my sewing groups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said before; I think it is neat you have a group of friends to quilt with, Michelle! It does always sound like a good time whenever you guys get together. Enjoy tomorrow's!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my very favorite quilts I've ever made is a snowball using Dick and Jane fabrics - too cute! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like lots of fun. Love the snowball blocks.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...